Weddings are something that are notoriously expensive, and are made even more expensive by using a wedding planner. If you are looking to save money on your already expensive wedding then it might be a good idea to try to be your own wedding planner, instead of hiring one and adding to the expense of your big day. Follow these steps to help you plan your own wedding and to do it in a timely fashion so that you will not be stressed on your special day.
2. Select a venue- The venue that you choose will shape the rest of the decisions you make. It will set the tone of your wedding and the rest of your decisions will follow suit. Keep in mind that not only do you need to pick a venue for the wedding, but also for the reception.
3. Create a list of who to invite, and invite them- This will give you an idea of who is coming, and also the number of people to plan for. Make sure that you keep the venue in consideration when creating the guest list because inviting more people than the venue has capacity for would end in disaster later in the wedding planning process.
4. Start to decide on and book all of the hired help for your big day- The people that you will need to decide on and hire to are people that will need advance notice. Some of these people are caterers, bakers, the entertainment for the reception, photographers, and the person who will be marrying you.
5. Start to look for the outfits- The first thing that comes to mind for a lot of people when they are thinking about a wedding day is the bride’s dress. Make sure that you give yourself enough time to find the perfect dress. Not only do you need to find your perfect wedding dress, but you also need to reserve a tuxedo to rent or buy one from the groom. After you have these two pieces of clothing, you will also need to decide on what you would like your bridesmaids and groomsmen to wear. If you feel that you need alterations, it might be best to wait to do them until very close to the wedding date. This will allow you to be more sure that the clothes will fit as best they possibly can on the special day.
6. Plan the decor of your wedding ceremony and reception- This decor can range from flowers to centerpieces to artwork to anything that you feel that you want on your wedding day.
7. Confirm all of the standing plans and tie up loose ends- In order to deduce if you have missed anything, run your ideal day through your head. Have you made preparations for all of the things you see? Double check those preparations and enjoy your wedding!
Author Pam Johnson is a soon-to-be bride who enjoys blogging and is a contributing writer for top colleges for business administration degrees.